- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
1955 Black Harmony H956 Montclair Harmometal Bindings Archtop Pro Setup Case
Only 1 available
1 in stock
Today, Lawman Guitars is Presenting...
A beautiful and well playing 1955 Harmony Montclair Model H956 Auditorium Guitar in Jet Black with all the Harmometal bindings and top pieces. Harmometal is made of Aluminum. This guitar is just awesome......It has tons of player vibe, looks, and sound ...the guitar is Pro Setup and plays just great. One of the best Harmony necks I have found.....
This one is a 1955 . Harmony made these guitar from 1955 thru 1968 but only made this 15 ¾ inch body with dot inlays and 19 frets in their first year, 1955. The bodies went to 16 5/8 inches in 1956 and had the smaller body again in 1965 but it had 20 frets and block inlays…no doubt about the year of this cool guitar!
Heres some info I found from the Harmony Website…
H956 - Montclair
Acoustic archtop - Black
Production year(s) : 1955-1968 (other years possible, not verified)
The black and white acoustic arhtop. Be careful when identifying Montclair models : some important differences, under same name and same model number !
No model had a cutaway, but all models had the "cutaway type" thick white molded pickguard.
- until 1955 : Two body sizes, 19 frets. H956 "auditorium" (15 3/4) or H956S "Grand Auditorium" (16 5/8). Both have "harmometal" (aluminium) bindings, No trussrod.
- 1956 : only H956S "Grand Auditorium" (16 5/8) size was proposed.
- 1958 : H956W, "Grand Auditorium" (16 5/8) size with new trussrod neck an 20 frets (one more perloid dot on 15th fret). Still have "Harmometal".
- 1959 : H956W, same model but no more harmometal (16 1/2 body), replaced by thick W/B/W plastic bindings.
- 1965 to 1968 : later H956 (without suffix, like the older, smaller models), now with block inlays on neck, still has 20 frets.
This guitar is all original with the exception of the pickguard. The original is long gone ... the guitar is in great shape as is the tuners, bridge and Harmometal bindings and top pieces…those are always banged up or missing..those are usually pretty beatup on these.....There are two cracks on the top by the F holes that are now Professionally repaired. Properly glued and cleated. See pics . Only superficial dings here and there. Some finish missing on the back of neck. Probably from a capo. See pic 10.
There is nothing that detracts from the big booming sound of this cool guitar...It has super super low action and it sounds HUGE....The guitar has a 15 ¾ inch wide Auditorium sized body, 24 ½ inch scale neck, and the nut measures 1 11/16 inch… Original Waverly Open Back tuners that still work great!
Lets review whats original or correct on this one....
Just about Everything
Now lets see whats not original...
Only the pickguard
The case is not an original but a vintage correct black soft shell chipboard case. All latches hinges and original handle are still present…it fits it great....see pics.....
.....Now this guitar is beautiful but given its age it is sold as-is and is not returnable. However, I have been hand picking my customers instruments for them for close to 20 years now and they loved the guitars I found them ...This cool Harmony Montclair will certainly not be an exception...
Thaks for checking out our cool vintage guitars, amps and guitar parts!
Lawman Mike at Lawman Guitars